Sunday, March 7, 2010

Last Ride?

Riders: MB and Bill
Miles: 48

Since I'm out of work and have the time I was hoping to put record miles on my sled this season (2000+) but it looks like I'm not even going to break 800 miles.

It was below freezing overnight so we decided to get out early and get a few more miles in while we still can. It was nice to be able to just get on the sleds and ride out of Gregg's camp instead of having to unload them off the trailer. I wish our camp had direct access to the trails. We are so close but not close enough.

Once again we were confined to riding in the state park. We stopped by Buzzy and Betty Eastman's weekend long bonfire on the way back and got to personally thank them for all their hard work. They do so much to keep the trails in great condition and we really appreciate all of their efforts. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures while we were there but we didn't stay very long since we wanted to take advantage of what was left of the snow.

It was a beautiful sunny day and the snow was quickly melting right before our eyes. I can't believe it isn't even the middle of March and the trails are almost bare. I'm hoping we get enough snow in the next couple of weeks to be able to get out a few more times before the end of the riding season but it doesn't look likely.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it snows in Vermont for you to get some more rides in. Doubtful you will reach your goal of 2,000 miles this winter.

    But you had some good times riding and wrote some great entries in your blog and posted some amazing pics.

    ReplyDelete