Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Vacation Recap

We rode more than 760 miles all over the Northeast Kingdom in all sorts of conditions. There was tons of snow, groomed and ungroomed trails, full coverage, bare coverage, slush, ice and a combination of it all. We had frigid cold temperatures and warmer spring-like temperatures.


Thankfully there were minimal damages/injuries. I had to buy a new bracket for my mirror that got broken when the guys took my sled off the bed of the pick-up but the bracket was only $10. The actual mirror was $60 but I don't need it - I just need the bracket.


Bill has a bruise on the side and back of his knee from a spin maneuver gone wrong but it is already turning shades of yellow and doesn't seem to be hurting too much. We both have sore hands from riding so many miles with a series case of "throttle thumb" but it was well worth it.


The cabin we stayed at on Lake Willoughby inspired us to finally put that addition on the Love Shack. We're hoping to get that done in the spring.


I hope the snow holds out until we can get back up north on the 13th. I need to start planning the next vacation so I have something to look forward to and get me through the work weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment